ESTE SE ENCONTRO UN HUEVITO...

Ella Lucile
I got to spend a little time with my niece, Catalina, and her beautiful daughter Ella. She is adorable and  so much fun! I sang and talked to her in Spanish and we played some of Mamina's games. She reminds me so much of my sister Nina (her grandmother). Here is a picture of Nina as a baby. They look alike, don't they?


Nina

 I'm 7 years older than Nina, and have fond memories of playing with her as a child, dressing her up like my very own live doll, putting on shows when she was a little older. Playing with Ella was like going back in time to those days of playing with my little sister!

This is another game I learned from my mother. It's like "This little piggy went to market…". You say the verse as you touch or wiggle the child's fingers or toes. There are several versions out there, here is my mother's version:

ESTE SE ENCONTRO UN HUEVITO

Este se encontró un huevito,
este lo llevó a la casa,
este lo cocinó,
este le echó la sal,
y el pícaro gordito se lo comió!

TRANSLATION:

This one found a little egg,
this one took it home,
this one cooked it,
this one put salt on it,
and the little chubby rascal ate it!

 Thank you Catalina, for letting me play with Ella and for the video and photo.

1 Response to ESTE SE ENCONTRO UN HUEVITO...

February 6, 2014 at 10:42 AM

they really do look alike!

Post a Comment