PEPINOS CON ACEITE Y VINAGRE-Cucumber Salad

Cucumbers from my garden, unpeeled

I love vegetables, I love salads, but that was not always the case. My mother used a lot of vegetables in the soups she made for us when we were children, but did not try to convince us to eat other vegetables. 

Mamina loved this very simple, quick salad. Sliced cucumbers with vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. As a child I refused to eat it. I thought cucumbers were boring and that I didn't like vinegar and oil. Yucky adult food, would not even try it. Thank goodness we get to learn and grow in this life! 


PEPINOS CON ACEITE Y VINAGRE or

Cucumber Salad


1 Cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon Real Salt or sea salt
Fresh ground black pepper, to taste

Peel and slice the cucumber. Add vinegar, olive oil and salt. Sprinkle with black pepper. Stir and taste. Enjoy.



I'm glad my children and grandchildren are not as silly as I was. They love this salad and if I make it and leave it on the counter, it usually gets eaten up before the rest of dinner is finished and served! 


Here is a video with my granddaughters, making Pepino salad.



1 Response to PEPINOS CON ACEITE Y VINAGRE-Cucumber Salad

August 31, 2015 at 9:12 AM

I love your recipe. Usually they put onions in and I don't like that ingredient in this recipe. Yours is my new favorite for cucumber salad!! Your grand-daughters are adorable!! I love that you cook with them and teach them your family recipes!

Post a Comment